EPIC QUEST REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
HOW DO I JOIN EPIC QUEST?
Epic Quest registration is open from Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 12:00 PM PDT through Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 12:00 AM PDT. Registration is $15 per player and each player will get an awesome Epic Quest pin just for joining in!
Build a team: To participate in Epic Quest, you’ll first need to put together your team! Your teammates may be within your household or far away. Just make sure you can virtually contact them throughout the competition. Your team may have a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of six (6) members total. You should all have smartphones with the ability to download apps, take photos, and record video. Jr. Team members, such as young children, can share a device with another team member and their registration does not count against your 6 person team total.
Want to play Epic Quest but don’t have any teammates willing to join you on your journey? We can help fix that! Purchase a Solo level registration and we’ll match you up with other lone wolves before the competition kicks off. Not only will you have an epic time, but you’ll make some new friends in the process!
Make sure you have the right equipment: Each teammate is allowed to use only one (1) device when playing, which should be a smartphone with access to the Internet, capable of taking photos, videos, and downloading apps. Additional devices used (meaning more than six (6) maximum, or one (1) per teammate) could result in an additional charge from ShowClix at the completion of Epic Quest.
Register your team: Please note that every individual, even Jr. Epic Quest Team Members sharing a phone with a friend or parent, must be registered and pay the $15 registration fee in order to play:
- Establish team credentials: Coordinate on ONE team email address (for login purposes only), ONE team name, and ONE team password. These will be shared across the team so make sure you’ve got a plan in place before registering.
- Your team email address will be the main point of contact as well as the email everyone uses to login. This is who we will contact if you win. Please note that if anyone already has an account with the site/app Scavify, you must use a different email and start a brand new one. Using a previously created account will lead to no-fun errors in gameplay.
- Your team name must be in screen name format. For example, you’re team would be called EpicQuestWinners20 not The Epic Quest Winners. Your team name must be 100% unique, so we may need to make small tweaks. Try to think of a team name that won’t already have a duplicate. Consider adding special spelling and/or numbers to make it more unique.
- Your team password will be the password everyone uses to login. You should select a password that will be shared with the whole team, so we recommend making up something simple and non-personal.
- Visit leftfieldmedia.com/epicquest to register. You may register together or separately, but make sure if you register separately that you are using the same team email, team name, and team password mentioned above.
Await further instructions: Once you’ve finished registration, hang tight. LeftField Media will send you an email letting you know when and how to download the game app and login. Please do not attempt to do this ahead of time as it will cause errors. There is no way to see the mini-quests until the game starts.
HOW DO YOU PLAY EPIC QUEST?
Epic Quest will kick off Friday, September 11th at 12:00 AM PDT and will continue until Sunday, September 13th at 11:59 PM PDT. During this 3-day time period, all players will have access to a task list containing over 200 mini-quests. The object of the competition is to successfully complete as many mini-quests as possible before time’s up!
Conquer mini-quests to earn points: Mini-quests are each worth a specific point value based on the difficulty of the task. Each task will be organized and sorted within subcategories, such as Do Good, Creative, and Adventure, and they will also be sorted from low to high point value. Some mini-quests require you to take a photo (or find one in your photo library), some ask for a video (please note there is a 15-second max), and some are fun questions and answers! Here’s an example of what the interface will look like:
Make sure to be careful and follow the rules when completing mini-quests: If you submit a mini-quest that is incomplete, doesn’t follow all the rules, or displays blatant cheating, you will not receive any points for the mini-quest on your final score.
Check out the leaderboard to scope out your competition: See how you measure up against fellow questers by checking out the real-time leaderboard. Please note that final scores will not be announced until the afternoon of September 14th.
Browse the Photostream to see what other teams have submitted: Spy on the competition, and see your own team’s photo and video submissions by checking out the Photostream! You can even like or comment on other team’s submissions – but if you’re going to smack talk other questers, please be sure to do it in a light-hearted, family-friendly way 😉
Share your mini-quest victories to social media: Once you’ve conquered a mini-quest, shout it from the rooftops! Easily share to social media that you’ve completed a mini-quest. Make sure to share everywhere using the official hashtag, #EpicQuest. We’re so proud of you!
When it’s all over: After 3 days of conquering mini-quests and earning points, the winners will be announced on the afternoon of September 14th. Remember, the team with the highest points at the end gameplay might not be the actual winners! Before it’s official, LeftField Media staff will first review all entries, docking points if necessary. Stay tuned to our social media and your team email to see if you’re a victor!